The air ducts can be one of the biggest wasters of energy in a home’s ducted air conditioning system.
While this can be an invisible problem to the homeowner, it is very noticeable in the quarterly power bill. The average home can be wasting 20-30% of the conditioned air that is intended for the living space. Aeroseal can reduce duct leakage by up to 90%, and reduce your energy use by up to 30%. Aeroseal has also been shown to dramatically improve comfort and homeowner satisfaction with their heating and cooling systems. You can see a water leak, but an air leak is invisible. Duct leaks can be difficult and costly to find with ductwork hidden between the walls, floors, and ceilings of any residential homes or commercial buildings. The older, traditional use of mastic (a messy caulk-like substance) or taping of leaks not only is less effective than Aeroseal but also can be very labour-intensive and expensive, and it can only be applied to ducts with physical access. Other substances break down over time, but the Aeroseal sealant does not and even has a 3 year conditional warranty to back it up.
Aeroseal locates every leak in the duct system and seals the leak from the interior of the ductwork.
What are the benefits?
- Airtight savings: The money formerly leaking out of your ducts will stay in your pocket longer.
- Airtight comfort: Your hard to heat or cool rooms will have more even temperatures and be more comfortable.
- Improved air quality: You will see a reduction in dust and humidity, along with fumes and other odours.
- Reaches everywhere: Seals leaks nearly impossible to reach using other methods.
- You will be a small part of a bigger solution: A reduction of the amount of air pollution created from generating less energy.
- Better air flow: Solve your home or building’s air flow and ventilation problems.
How Does Aeroseal work?
- The patented Aeroseal duct-sealing technology is an effective and affordable method of sealing ductwork systems. The Aeroseal duct sealing process begins and ends by conducting a thorough diagnostic test of the duct system.
- The diffusers are temporarily blocked while sealant is blown throughout the duct system. Pressure maintained within the system causes the air to accelerate as it exits through the leaks. The Aeroseal particles build up to span and seal the holes - up to 15 mm - without coating the ductwork. Aeroseal effectively seals ductwork from the inside out by using UL-tested and approved sealing material.
- At the conclusion of the process, the diagnostic test is performed again summarizing your building’s amount of leakage reduction to ensure Aeroseal was successful.
- Additionally, the US Department of Energy declared Aeroseal as one of the most beneficial energy technologies for American Consumers.
The Aeroseal sealing process requires no on-going maintenance. It does not affect service openings or any other maintenance procedures and now it is available in Australia. It will provide the benefits of a well-sealed system for many, many years to come.